Welcome to Vancouver Shomonkai.
Our dojo is a non-profit organization whose goal is to practice Aikido as our founding members were taught in Fukuoka, Japan, under the tutelage of Suganuma Sensei, one of the last uchideshi (live-in students) of O-Sensei, the Founder of Aikido. The dojo holds weekly classes in Burnaby and Vancouver (see Class Schedules). We invite interested members of the public to observe any of our classes, demonstrations or special events. If you are interested in our classes/events, please check our Calendar page.
Morito Suganuma Sensei Seminar 2015
- October 23 -25, 2015 at Steveston Community Center
- If interested, please coontact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikkei Matsuri Demonstration
- Sunday, September 6 at 11:30AM. Nikkei Cultural Center
Beginner's course in Fall 2015 Term 1
- The next beginners course at Creekside Community Center will start on Thursday, September 10 (8 weeks). The online course registration is available here (Vancouver Park Board online program guide).
Regular Schedule at Creekside Center resumes in September
- Adult ongoing class – Sunday (10:30AM-12:30PM), Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (7:30PM-9:30PM).
- Children class – Monday and Thursday (6:30PM-7:20PM). Will resume on Thursday, September 10.