Welcome to Vancouver Shomonkai.
Our dojo is a non-profit organization whose goal is to practice Aikido as our founding members were taught in Fukuoka, Japan, under the tutelage of Suganuma Sensei, one of the last uchideshi (live-in students) of O-Sensei, the Founder of Aikido. The dojo holds weekly classes in Burnaby and Vancouver (see Class Schedules). We invite interested members of the public to observe any of our classes, demonstrations or special events. If you are interested in our classes/events, please check our Calendar page.
Happy New Year! Each program in 2017 will start as follows:
- Adult and Children class at Nikkei Dojo: Tuesday, January 3
- Adult class at Creekside Dojo: Wednesday, January 4
- Children class at Creekside Dojo: Thursday, January 5
- Beginners class at Creekside Dojo: Monday, January 9
Beginner's courses in WInter 2017
- Our beginners course started on Monday, January 9 (13 weeks) but there are still rooms. You can register online here (Vancouver Park Board online program guide) or at Creekside Community Centre.